Sunday, November 4, 2018

Immersion in 2D art

One of the problems i have encountered is connecting my practical idea of making 2D concept art to my case studies which are all 3D game environments. A part of what makes game environments immersive is the interactive quality, which obviously wont be present in my 2D artwork. In order to make my own immersive 2D concept artwork, i am doing some research on what 2D artwork i find immersive. I think the lighting and composition in the paintings below creates a sense of atmosphere and adds to how immersed we feel when viewing them. These aspects will be helpful to keep in mind when i go about making my own environment art.

Image result for dali landscape paintings
Salvador Dali - Moments of Transition
Image result for nighthawks
Edward Hopper- Nighthawks
Image result for moonlight on the thames painting
John Atkinson Grimshaw - Reflection on the Thames

Image result for rene magritte environment
Rene Magritte - La Belle Captive
Image result for edward hopper summer evening
Edward Hopper- Summer Evening 
Image result for van gogh cafe terrace at night
Vincent Van Gogh - Cafe Terrace at Night



No comments:

Post a Comment