Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Evaluation

Context of practice allowed me to explore a topic which I never would have considered otherwise. At first I was cautious about the theme I had to investigate and confused about where to begin with analysing it, but after undertaking the triangulation and research exercises and finding out context about the quote and author, I found it wasnt as difficult as I I first thought it would be. I chose this particular quote because it was the one I found the most interesting that I was actually interested in investigating. I think my initial essay in which I contextualised Bettelheim, the author of my quote, was quite successful, and I think the sources I found to support my argument were fitting. I also think my response to the animation analysis went quite well, because I was interested in analysing Shrek, one of my favourite animations, and there was a lot more to write about than I thought after I did some research.  I think my visual journal was successful in helping me link my ideas visually, but could have been more effective if I relied less on text and thought more conceptually about my ideas. I think my time management on this module was better in others during the course of the year but I should have done my journal more consistently. I also should have left myself more time to actually read the entire book that my quote was from as I feel this would further benefit my essay writing and understanding of the subject. I think my essay is the most successful part of my context of practice investigation.


No comments:

Post a Comment