Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Animation Proposal

For my proposal for an animation, I decided to go with the theme of gender in fairytales, as I think it was very prevalent in my research and very relevant when analysing my quote on whether or not fairytales are a good influence on children. I chose the following pages from my visual journal as I feel they best reflect the message I am hoping to convey.





I have chosen the previous images as a proposal for an animation because I feel they are the most effective in communicating the boundaries that fairytales have in regards to gender. I particularly like the first two images i created, showing the girl and boy reading fairytales and how this influences their imagination. I wanted to show that while its great they are using their imaginations, the way fairytales present the different fantasies to their audience; the girl is influenced by the princess, who need only wait for a prince to come along an take control of her life, and reach 'happily ever after' when she is married. Boys, on the other hand, can reflect themselves onto the hero of the story, who has all the adventures and excitement in his life. I also tried to show how the visual representation we see of beauty in modern animated versions of fairytales can be damaging to a childs self esteem and body image. 
I think an animation about a role reversal of sorts in fairytales would be really interesting, I tried to present this in the images above, showing Rapunzel freeing herself from her tower etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment