Saturday, November 11, 2017

The Sandman

After having decided that my theme will be horror based, and in particular based around stop motion and why it strikes me as so creepy, i have begun researching a few horror stop-motions. One of the favourites i found, linked below, is The Sandman by Paul Berry. I found it very unsettling, the character, set design and audio all link together to create a really creepy experience. I also find the jerky motion of the sandman as he lurches up the stairs to be disconcerting. At this point my essay focus is aiming at why stop-motion is so effective at telling horror stories, with perhaps a particular focus on the way stop-motion characters move. My inspiration for this project is the Wombles, because it terrified me as a child.

                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment